How we collect, store and use your personal information
- You may browse and access information contained within the Storylines website without providing any personal information, unless you wish to access the member-only areas, in which case you need to become a member of The Friends of Storylines Ngā Pou o te Whare Waituhi Tamariki o Aotearoa, and provide your username and password to log in.
- Where you voluntarily provide personal information (e.g. registering as a Friends of Storylines Ngā Pou o te Whare Waituhi Tamariki o Aotearoa member, subscribing to the Storylines newsletter, registering or applying to attend or become a participant in any of the many Storylines events, through email feedback, completing online forms or by requesting a publication), this information will be viewable by site administrators, certain Storylines staff and contractors including third parties who provide administration or improvement services to the website, or if published (with your agreement), members of the public.
- Personal information that you provide will be held by Storylines, and may be shared with, and held by, third party contractors only to the extent necessary for those parties to provide administration and/or improvement services in relation to the website.
- Email addresses provided are not made available to the public. Unless required by law, we will not publicise the names or email addresses of individuals who provide feedback to us without their consent.
- Your contact information is collected and held by Storylines only. The information is used to contact you, or if you have subscribed to Storylines e-newsletter, with regard to Storylines news and related offers.
- We will only use personal information that you provide to us to send you information about events, other news and information about Storylines, and to forward occasional offers from sponsors and funding partners. We will not share your personal information with any other organisations without your express permission.
- Storylines will not sell, trade or rent your contact information to others without obtaining your consent, unless required to do so by law.
Access to your personal information
- We are happy to provide you with access to any personal information that we hold about you in connection to the use of this website, or any other Storylines documentation. If it is wrong, or you have any concerns about personal information we hold, please ask us to correct it. Please contact: The Privacy Officer, Storylines; email firstname.lastname@example.org
- If you do not wish to receive mail or email from Storylines in the future, please send an email to email@example.com or mail your request to: Storylines Children’s Literature Charitable Trust of New Zealand, 506 Haruru Road, RD3, Kaukapakapa, Auckland 0873.
Statistical information (tracking website visits/hits etc.)
Statistical information may be collected about your visit to help us improve the Storylines website. This is viewable by site administrators, and some Storylines staff and third party contractors who provide administration and improvement services to the website. This information will not identify you personally. It includes:
- Your location (down to city/town level)
- Language used
- Your IP address
- Type of web browser operating system you used
- Screen resolution
- What Storylines website content you looked at
- Search terms you used
- Links you clicked
- What website referred you to our website (e.g. Google, or direct etc)
Browser cookies are used by this website to provide us with information about site usage and improve the service offered to visitors. Cookies are small files which are sent by a website and stored on your computer’s hard drive. Cookies are also used to allow your preferences to be retained by your browser. Cookies from this site are not used to gather or allow the gathering of any personally identifiable information and are not used to track individual user activity around this site. You may manually disable cookies at any time – check your browser’s “Help”. This will not affect your ability to view the site.
Use of posted material (e.g. author/illustrator profiles)
Content added, uploaded or provided for upload to the website may be used or referenced by Storylines in other documents, publications or newsletters. Where this occurs, Storylines will reference the source of the content.
Use of photos taken at Storylines events
Storylines will from time to time take audience and participant photos or videos for use on the website, or for promotional purposes, and may use your photo in publicity material.
- We will not post any photos of young people under the age of 16 without their parent/guardian’s express permission.
- If as an adult you are photographed, filmed or taped while attending a Storylines event, you consent to Storylines or third parties appointed by Storylines photographing, filming and taping you. Storylines can broadcast, publish, and use any photographs, film, recordings and images of you for its website or publications without compensation.
- Storylines will not pass on or sell such images to any third party for commercial or private use without your express permission.
Except where stated or where an author is acknowledged, Storylines is the copyright holder of information on its website and in other publications. Information may be reproduced for personal or in-house use without formal permission or charge. Information on this website or in other publications must not be used in a commercial context unless written permission has been given by Storylines. Profile pictures of authors, illustrators and artworks are used on this site with the artists’/photographers’ permission. You cannot source images from this site without obtaining the permission of the artist/photographer.