Welcome to the Storylines online database
This contains information on New Zealand children's and young adults' authors, illustrators, storytellers and others involved with children's books.
The profiles are presented based on the best information available. To update or amend content of your current profile, please fill in this form.
Criteria for Profiles on Storylines website.
The Storylines Profiles is a comprehensive database of New Zealand authors and illustrators who have published books for children and young adults, and of those (e.g. academics, literary agents, commentators) who have made a significant contribution to children’s publishing. Applications for inclusion are welcomed.
The general criteria for acceptance are:
- For those published by recognised trade publishers, one printed book (fiction or non-fiction) which has won a major children’s or YA award, or at least three printed books for children or YA, published either as ‘trade’ or as ‘educational’ books, along with a relevant CV.
- For self-published authors, at least three printed books (fiction or non-fiction) and a CV which demonstrates some public recognition as a children’s/YA writer.
- Authors and illustrators who have self-published only online are generally outside the criteria, but are invited to make a case for inclusion.
- For others in the children’s literature community, as academics, librarians, teachers, publishers, booksellers, advocates, who have shown leadership in at least one significant area of children’s literature, a CV which details your achievements in this area.
Each application will be considered by Storylines and the applicant advised.
If you wish to be considered by Storylines for inclusion in the Profiles, please use the form and include a brief CV as indicated, list of publications and Awards where relevant, and a head and shoulders photo in hi res .jpg format.
Find out more about:
- Storylines publications
- Resources for teachers and kids
- Useful links to other sites that focus on children’s literature and authors
For more information visit these useful sites:
- Literature Live – 10 short videos produced by Storylines featuring 11 New Zealand authors and illustrators
- The New Zealand Book Council writers’ profiles database
- Christchurch City Libraries’ more informal profiles: New Zealand author interviews & stories site.