Scott Pearson was born in September 1975 in England, and moved to New Zealand at the age of seven. Early on, through primary and high school, Scott showed an interest in art, doing doodles and comic art, an interest that was always encouraged by his family, peers and teachers.
He completed a Bachelor of Media Arts where he did illustration and majored in graphic design,, in 1997.
From 1997–2000, he worked as a freelance illustrator for hire.
In 2001 he formed his own illustration and design company, Visual Evolution, and has worked on a wide variety of work for various book publishers such as Penguin, Pearson Education, Learning Media, Huia Publishing, Sunshine Books, Heinemann, Scholastic, Reed and more.
Scott has illustrated a wide range of books, including:
- The Revolting Vegetables, written by Justin Brown (Redit Books, 2005)
- A is For All Black, written by Sally Sutton (Reed Publishing, 2006; Puffin Books, 2008)
- Kiwi and Scorpion, written by Tina Cartwright (Penguin Group, 2008)
- Swimming with Dishes,written by Alan Palmer (Penguin Group, 2010)
- Shootout! written by John Lockyer (Wendy Pye, 2012)
- E Tipu Pohutukawa (Huia Publishing, 2012)
- Ivan. I Dear - Wire Wizard, written by Peta Poletti (CreateBooks NZ, 2014)
- LIANA Special Recognition of Kimihia winner for the LIANZA Te Kura Pounamu Award 2015