Glenys Stace’s years working with marine environments at the Auckland Museum and with the Aquarium of New Zealand have given her a strong background in this area. Glenys decided to start writing because the books she needed for her job weren't available. Her work facilitating Auckland Museum's children's discovery centres helps her connect with her books' readers.
- What's on the Beach?: A Guide to Coastal Marine Life photography by Jenny and Tony Enderby (Viking 1997).
- What's around the Rocks?: A Simple Guide to the Identification of Marine Species That Live on the Rocky Shore photography Jenny and Tony Enderby (Viking 1998).
- Just under the Water: There Is a Weird and Wonderful Natural World Waiting for You: Put on a Mask and Snorkel and Take a Look Underwater photography by Jenny and Tony Enderby (Penguin 1999).
- Yes! We Had Dinosaurs with Mike Eagle, illustrated by Damon Keen (Penguin 2001).
- Blue New Zealand (Penguin 2005).