Sarah Nelisiwe Anderson was born in the United Kingdom but grew up in the Coromandel. Her love of drawing was encouraged by her parents, and assisted by a life without television or colouring books.
Sarah graduated with a Bachelor of Design from Massey University Wellington in 2006 and now works full time as a freelance illustrator. What she loves about illustration is bringing imaginary creatures, people and places to life, and creating strong emotions in her artwork.
- The Were-Nana (Not a Bedtime Story) text by Melinda Szymanik (Scholastic 2008).
- Tiny Miss Dott and Her Dotty Umbrella text by Michelle Osment (Scholastic 2009).
- Hester's Blister text by Chris Gurney (Scholastic 2010).
- A Crack in the Sky text by Kyle Mewburn (Scholastic 2010).
- Little Red and the Cunning Kuri text by Chris Gurney [Kiwi Corkers series] (Scholastic 2010).
- 20 Winning Kids’ Stories (Scholastic 2010).
- Do Not Push text by Kyle Mewburn (Scholastic 2011).
- Milly Maloo and the Miracle Glue text by Melanie Koster (Scholastic 2011).
- Goldie and the Three Penguins text by Chris Gurney [Kiwi Corkers series] (Scholastic 2012).
- New Zealand Post Children's Book Awards 2009 Children’s Choice Winner for The Were-Nana.
- New Zealand Post Children's Book Awards 2009 Picture Book Finalist for The Were-Nana.
- Storylines Notable Book Awards 2009 Picture Books List for The Were-Nana.
- Storylines Notable Book Awards 2010 Picture Books List for Tiny Miss Dott and Her Dotty Umbrella.
- LIANZA Russell Clark Award 2010 Finalist for Tiny Miss Dott and Her Dotty Umbrella.
Storylines thanks zeald.com for their ongoing support of the Storylines website.
Page checked and updated February 2013.