Paul Beavis graduated from Central Saint Martins School of Art, London, in 1993. After that he worked in children’s animation making cartoons for the BBC and Channel 4. From 1999 he began working as web designer/creative and worked for a variety of companies thinking up ideas, designing, and writing copy.
In 2002 he started submitting stories to children's publishers, though none were successful. Paul moved to Wellington, New Zealand, in 2012. His stories and picture book ideas continued to be rejected until June 2013 when Gecko Press agreed to publish Mrs Mo's Monster, which later went onto win the 2015 LIANZA Russell Clark Award for Illustration. Paul now writes and illustrates full-time.
- What are you supposed to be? (Scholastic 2017)
- Stinkosaurus, written by Deano Yipdee (Scholastic 2017)
- Nee Naw The Little Fire Engine, written by Deano Yipdee (Scholastic 2017)
- Jingle Bells, Rudolph Smell, written by Deano Yipdee (Scholastic 2016)
- Barking Mad, written by Tom E. Moffatt (Scholastic 2016)
- Hello World! (Gecko Press 2015)
- Mrs. Mo's Monster (Gecko Press 2014)
- LIANZA Russell Clark Award for Illustration for Mrs Mo's Monster, 2015