Storylines can only achieve what it does, nationally reaching out to thousands of New Zealand children and their families, with the help of its dedicated body of volunteers.
Join us to encourage New Zealand children and young adults engage with books, and help make our events and activities a success.
to offer your services or read on to find out more....
People who enjoy planning and making things happen are very welcome on Storylines various committees.
These groups include:
Helping on specific occasions
- Storylines Management Committee (Auckland based) and its specialist sub groups (Events, Communications, Festival, Awards and IBBY)
- Storylines Festival regional committees responsible for organising the Family Days in Northland, Auckland, South Auckland, Wellington, Christchurch, Dunedin
- Special roles: taking on specific tasks e,g, the Awards are organised by an Administrator who reports to the Management Committee. Other key jobs, like editing the e-newsletter and convening the Notable Books selection panel, are also taken by people doing their valuable work outside the MC.
- Anyone with special skills - e.g. publicity, catering, good local contacts - are always welcome.
Help is hugely appreciated at special Storylines events held over a day or weekend.
These can include assisting at:
- the six fun-filled Family Days run during Festival week - some 60-80 volunteers are needed in each region to make these days run smoothly. See the many ways you can help on the Storylines Festival Volunteers page.
- drivers or navigators for the three Story Tours
- helpers to deliver brochures and/or posters to key places
- special adult events - e.g. seminars, workshops, the Big Kids Lit Quiz, author visits etc.