Ruth Paul is an author and illustrator of children's picture books who started writing and illustrating her own picture books in 2004 and is now working on her 15th title. The King’s Bubbles won the New Zealand Post Children’s Choice picture book award in 2008, and three of her books have made the Storylines Notable Books list over the years. Stomp, a dinosaur follow-the-leader story with a twist, was a finalist in the New Zealand Post Book Awards 2012. Her books currently sell in New Zealand, Australia, USA, Canada, China and Korea, with translations in five languages. Her original picture book illustrations are becoming highly sought after, with two held in the prestigious Mazza Collection at the University of Findlay, Ohio. Ruth also worked as a costume illustrator for The Hobbit movie in 2010.
Ruth lives in an off-grid straw bale house just outside Wellington, New Zealand. As well as writing and illustrating children’s picture books, Ruth is mother of two teenagers and is actively involved in her local community. Over the years, Ruth has achieved a Bachelor of Arts majoring in English and History from Victoria University, a three year Diploma in Visual Communication Design from Wellington Polytech (now Massey University), and most of a law degree.
- Tom's Story text by Mandy Hager (Mallinson Rendel in association with The Mary Potter Hospice 1995).
- The Penguin's Day Out text by Vivienne Joseph (Mallinson Rendel 1997).
- Baby Bumble and the Sock Pirates text by Vivienne Joseph (Mallinson Rendel 2001).
- The Animal Undie Ball (Scholastic 2004).
- The King's Bubbles (Scholastic 2007).
- Superpotamus (Scholastic 2008).
- Two Little Pirates (Scholastic 2010).
- Stomp! (Scholastic 2011).
- Mr Tripp Smells a Rat text by Sandy McKay (Walker Books 2011).
- Mr Tripp Goes for a Skate text by Sandy McKay (Walker Books 2011).
- Hedgehog’s Magic Tricks (Walker Books 2012)
- Red Panda’s Toffee Apples (Walker Books 2013)
- Bad Dog Flash (Scholastic 2013)
- My Dinosaur Dad (Scholastic 2014)
- Rabbit’s Hide and Seek (Walker Books 2014)
- Go Home Flash (Scholastic 2014)
- Bye-Bye Grumpy Fly (Scholastic 2015)
- What’s The Time Dinosaur? (Scholastic 20 15)
Aim Children's Book Awards 2005 Honour Award for Tom's Story.
New Zealand Post Children's Book Awards 2008 Children's Choice Award for The King's Bubbles.
BPANZ Children's Book Design Award 2008 Winner for The King's Bubbles.
Storylines Notable Book Awards 2011 Picture Books List for Two Little Pirates.
Storylines Notable Book Awards 2012 Picture Books List for Stomp!
New Zealand Post Children's Book Awards 2012 Picture Book Finalist for Stomp!
Storylines Notable Book Awards 2014 Picture Books List for Bad Dog Flash.
Storylines thanks zeald.com for their ongoing support of the Storylines website.