Pat Quinn was born in Wellington in 1947. After graduating with a BSc, Dip Commns from Victoria University and winning an short story award in 1989, she wrote for school journals in New Zealand and Australia. Her first novel for teens, The Value of X, won the 1994 Senior Fiction Award at the New Zealand Post Children’s Book Awards.
Pat lives in Wellington, works as a freelance writer, and is active in the New Zealand Society of Authors (PEN).
- Sailing with New Zealand Endeavour series illustrated by Ann Skelly (Hodder & Stoughton 1993).
- The Value of X (Heinemann Education 1993).
- Kirsty & Lionel (Shortland Street Books 1996).
- Too Chicken (Scholastic 1997).
- Go Horatio! (Scholastic 1998).
- Dragor, or, How a Dragon Suffering from Prickly Heat Saved the World from Perpetual Winter and Established a Well-known Weed illustrated by Philip Webb (Scholastic 2000).
- Fire Safety in the Home with Tua the Fire Safety Officer illustrated by Dan Broadwith (New Zealand Fire Service 2000).RATZ (Scholastic 2002).
- It'll Be All Right on the Night! (HarperCollins 2003).
- Starz (Scholastic 2004).
- Leopold the Wondercat illustrated by Mukpuddy (Scholastic 2006).
- AIM Senior Fiction Award 1994 for The Value of X.