Brigid Lowry began to publish poetry and short fiction at the age of 35, when she returned to university. She lived in Australia for many years before returning to New Zealand. Amongst other things, Brigid has been a hippie, a waitress, a librarian and a primary school teacher. In 2008 Brigid, along with Paula Morris, was the joint winner of the Buddle Findlay Sargeson Fellowship.
- Guitar Highway Rose (Allen & Unwin 1997).
- Follow the Blue (Allen & Unwin 2001).
- Space Camp with Sam Field (Allen & Unwin 2002).
- With Lots of Love from Georgia (Allen & Unwin 2005).
- Tomorrow All Will Be Beautiful (Allen & Unwin 2007).
- Juicy Writing: Inspiration and Techniques for Young Writers (Allen & Unwin 2008).
- Triple Ripple (Allen & Unwin 2011).
- CBCA Book of the Year: Older Readers 1998 Shortlist for Guitar Highway Rose.
- University of Otago College of Education Children Writer in Residence 2004.
- New Zealand Post Children’s Book Awards 2006 Young Adult Fiction Winner for With Lots of Love from Georgia.
- Esther Glen Award 2006 Shortlist for With Lots of Love from Georgia.
- New Zealand Post Children’s Book Awards 2008 Young Adult Fiction Shortlist for Tomorrow All Will Be Beautiful.
- Elsie Locke Award 2009 Shortlist for Juicy Writing.
- New Zealand Post Children’s Book Awards 2009 Non-fiction Shortlist for Juicy Writing.
Storylines thanks zeald.com for their ongoing support of the Storylines website.