Ted Dawe spent his early years in Ruatoria where he learnt Māori. He has held many jobs including work as a storeman, builder's labourer, and flying hot air balloons over Hyde Park. A keen traveller, he has also studied at university and taught at secondary level. Currently he teaches foreign students. He has also become more fluent in te reo Māori. He lives in Auckland.
- Thunder Road (Longacre Press 2003).
- K. Road (Urban 2005).
- And Did Those Feet... (Longacre Press 2006).
- Captain Sailor Bird and Other Stories (Pearson Longman 2007).
- Into the River (MUP 2012).
- New Zealand Post Children’s Book Awards Young Adult Fiction Winner 2004 for Thunder Road.
- New Zealand Post Children’s Book Awards Best First Book 2004 for Thunder Road.
- Esther Glen Award 2004 Finalist for Thunder Road.
- Storylines Notable Book Awards 2004 Young Adult Fiction List for Thunder Road.
- New Zealand Post Children’s Book Awards Junior Fiction Shortlist 2007 for And Did Those Feet…
- Storylines Notable Book Awards Junior Fiction List for And Did Those Feet...
Storylines thanks zeald.com for their ongoing support of the Storylines website.
Page checked and updated February 2013.