Olivia Aroha Giles was born in 1962, and has a Bachelor of Applied Arts and Design, and a Graduate Diploma in Creative Writing.
She is a contemporary Māori artist and writer of Kahungunu, Raukawa, Te Ati Awa, Te Whānau a Apanui, Scottish and Irish descent from Wellington. She writes children's books and novels about educated, feisty, successful Māori women. She is also a part of Porirua’s vibrant art scene, as a painter, sculptor and textile artist.
- My Two Homes illustrated by Denise Durken (Learning Media 2008)
- Huia Short Stories 9 - "Stepping outside the boxing" (Huia Publications 2011)
- Heart of the Tapu Stone (Dusky Productions 2013)
- I Taniwha (Dusky Productions 2014)
- Pīwakawaka and the Ruru (Dusky Productions 2015)
- Feather from the Kākahu (Dusky Productions 2015)
- I hineAtua (Dusky Productions 2016)
More information about Olivia, her books and her art can be found at:
Or you can connect with her on Facebook