Each year, on the Saturday in March closest to International Children’s Book Day on 2 April (unless Easter interferes!), Storylines celebrates its award winners, members and activities with its annual Margaret Mahy Day. In 2015, Margaret Mahy Day has seen a change in name and programme of events. International Children’s Book Day and Storylines Awards Presentation, as it will now be known, will no longer host the Storylines Margaret Mahy Medal Award Lecture. This will now be held during the Storylines Festival in August each year.
Highlights of the day include (if applicable):
Other opportunities on the day include:
- A chance to mingle with other children’s book fans and friends
- An opportunity to meet fabulous New Zealand authors and illustrators for children and young adults
- Presentation of the annual reports for the Storylines Trust and Foundation
INTERNATIONAL CHILDREN'S BOOK DAY**
[Hans Christian Andersen’s birthday]
Storylines Awards Presentation to New Zealand’s
authors and illustrators for young people
Sunday 29 March 2015
Storylines Annual General Meeting at 3.00p.m.
Refreshment and Awards from 3.30 p.m.
National Library, 8 Stanley Street, Parnell, Auckland
3.00 Welcome, presentation of annual report, financials and appointment of Management Committee
3.30 Afternoon tea
4.00 Awards ceremony:
- Presentation of Tom Fitzgibbon Award
- Presentation of Joy Cowley Award
- Presentation of Tessa Duder Award
- Launch of 2014 Tom Fitzgibbon Award
- Presentation of Gaelyn Gordon Award for a Much-Loved Book
- Presentation 2015 Notable Books – announcement and presentation of Certificates
- Chair’s thanks and announcement of raffle
RSVP to Storylines by March 27th for catering purposes. Entry is free but a koha to contribute to costs would be appreciated.
** The Margaret Mahy lecture and Award will now be held during the Storylines Festival in August, hence the name of this day becomes the International Children's Book Day and Storylines Awards Presentation.