Task Force Volunteers 2013
At Storylines, we have an enthusiastic and active Management Committee, and we are looking for other members interested in being co-opted to assist a Task Force in an area of their choice. Your choice can be made from:
• Promotions and Marketing including our website
• Publications: Newsletter, Booklist, Year Book (a task group for each - four newsletters and booklists each year)
• Storylines Festival – in Auckland, Wellington, Northland, Christchurch, Dunedin
• Other events: Such as Margaret Mahy Day and Betty Gilderdale Award
• Book chats in private homes
• IBBY - International Board on Books for Young People
Some Task Forces meet regularly, eg Storylines Festival; others for short periods according to the job in progress. You could find this a good way to learn more of the organisation and meet the people involved, and closer involvement certainly increases the enjoyment that can be gained through membership of Storylines.
No special skills are required for most of these, though an enthusiasm for children’s literature and ability to work with others are necessary.
If you are interested, please download the Task Force Volunteers 2013 form and send by mail to:
PO Box 96 094
Balmoral, Auckland 1342
Or complete the following from online now!